What is Mohs skin cancer surgery?
Skin cancer is just as serious a cancer as any other. While many forms of skin cancer are not considered "deadly," there are some kinds that can be and need to be addressed immediately with removal. One way to remove potentially harmful portions of skin that may harbor skin cancer is with Mohs skin cancer surgery.
At A Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery in Jupiter, Florida, Dr. Vitulli can assist skin cancer patients with removal of potentially harmful skin tags, moles, and skin cancer cells. Mohs skin cancer surgery is one of the most successful forms of skin cancer removal available today. It is a very precise technique that uses a layer-by-layer removal system to cut out skin cancer tissue, while leaving as much healthy surrounding tissue as possible.
Mohs skin cancer surgery has one of the best success rates, and is a simple outpatient procedure that is done with local anesthetic. In one visit, skin cancer cells can be removed, and a patient can go home immediately after the procedure. It is of great benefit to those who have skin cancer in areas of the body in which the least amount of skin be removed, such as on the face or along the hairline.
Technology exists to allow patients to live a full, healthy life regardless of a skin cancer diagnosis. Once unhealthy, cancerous skin is removed with Mohs skin cancer surgery, many patients do not experience reoccurring cancerous cells. There is less risk for the skin cancer to return, and is therefore one of the most highly recommended ways of addressing cancerous skin cells in patients.
Dr. Vitulli of A Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery in Jupiter is trained and highly specialized in performing Mohs skin cancer surgery on his patients. For patients who desire a skin diagnosis to determine if skin cancer is a concern, call Dr. Vitulli today for an examination.
A Center for Dermatology
Connect with Dr. Peter Vitulli on . Linkedin
Dr. Peter Vitulli is a highly sought-after and popular board-certified dermatology and board-certified Mhs surgeon in Jupiter. Having earned his medical degree at the College of Osteopathic Medicine of Nova SouthEastern University, he completed his residency and internship at the University of Tennessee and attended a dermatology residency program at Nova SouthEastern University. Dr. Vitulli possesses vast training and experience in all aspects of pediatric and adult dermatology and offers comprehensive treatment solutions with an interdisciplinary diagnosis approach and impeccable follow-up care. He is particularly passionate about the management of skincare. With over two decades of experience in providing exceptional surgical and aesthetic services and medical care, he holds Fellowships and Memberships with several prestigious professional associations including the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology and the American Society of Mohs Surgery, among others.
Back to Skin Cancer Home Page
- Care for your skin and overall health starts with cancer screenings and prevention in Jupiter, Florida
- A sunny outlook for your health in Jupiter, FL: Proactive skin cancer care
- Jupiter, FL dermatologist urges early detection and treatment for skin cancer
- Jupiter, FL skin cancer specialist provides patients with hope of a cancer free life
- Experienced Jupiter dermatologist helps you understand skin cancer symptoms
- Treatment of melanoma skin cancer available for Jupiter, FL area patients
- Jupiter, FL dermatologist introduces "Amelight" to prevent the risk of getting skin cancers
- Jupiter, FL, dermatology practice offers screening, diagnosis, and treatment for skin cancer
- Self-exams and screenings help you determine the need for mole removal in Jupiter
- Skin cancer treatment from your Jupiter dermatologist designed around your needs
- What is Mohs skin cancer surgery?
- Skin cancer specialists in Jupiter explain how skin cancer develops
- Early detection of skin cancer leads to effective skin treatment with your Jupiter dermatologist