Obtaining acne treatment in Jupiter decreases emotional distress
As adults, we may tend to look at acne as just a natural part of adolescence. For years, blemishes of whiteheads, blackheads, or pustules had no real treatment other than over the counter medications. Today, we know through studies that this solution is not very effective. Acne, even in its moderate forms, has a significant detrimental effect on young people, altering their sense of themselves and diminishing their overall well-being.
It is important for parents to understand, as dermatologists do, that the severity of acne is not necessarily the main culprit of lowered self-esteem, as the patient's own personality also needs to be taken into consideration. A teen with mild acne can be just as emotionally upset as one with more severe pustules. From this standpoint, we can adequately recommend the most suitable acne treatment in Jupiter.
Over the years, doctors and nurses, as well as aestheticians have polled their young clients on the subject of acne, and have discovered that this common adolescent condition has a very serious impact on teens, resulting in problems with:
- Low self-esteem that stems from embarrassment over the blemishes that cannot be hidden. Acne is directly related to body image, something of great importance to every teen. When unhappy with their appearance, teens may avoid making eye contact, which subsequently places restraint on their personality and negatively impacts social interaction. When teenage girls suffer from acne, their initial response may be to wear more makeup; a habit that further exacerbates irritated skin and clogged pores.
- Withdrawal from peers. Teens are all about social situations, which can include teasing and lack of acceptance for the adolescent with acne. As self-esteem takes a hit, so does social interaction. The teen years are the time in life when relationships are forming with regular frequency. Boys and girls are discovering romance, and each teen is discovering more about him or herself. Dealing with acne at this critical point in life impacts emotional growth and may turn a normally outgoing teen into a shy wallflower.
Acne is not a rite of passage that any teen must suffer through. Today, dermatologists are armed with a variety of tools to successfully deal with acne so adolescent boys and girls can better enjoy this time in their lives. To discover how you can help your teen, contact us for acne treatment in Jupiter.
A Center for Dermatology
Connect with Dr. Peter Vitulli on . Linkedin
Dr. Peter Vitulli is a highly sought-after and popular board-certified dermatology and board-certified Mhs surgeon in Jupiter. Having earned his medical degree at the College of Osteopathic Medicine of Nova SouthEastern University, he completed his residency and internship at the University of Tennessee and attended a dermatology residency program at Nova SouthEastern University. Dr. Vitulli possesses vast training and experience in all aspects of pediatric and adult dermatology and offers comprehensive treatment solutions with an interdisciplinary diagnosis approach and impeccable follow-up care. He is particularly passionate about the management of skincare. With over two decades of experience in providing exceptional surgical and aesthetic services and medical care, he holds Fellowships and Memberships with several prestigious professional associations including the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology and the American Society of Mohs Surgery, among others.
Back to Acne Home Page
- Symptoms of acne in teens and Treatment Options
- Understanding acne for teenagers: Effective treatments for every age in Jupiter, Florida
- Protect your skin from future acne breakouts, scarring with professional treatment for teens in Jupiter, Florida
- Understanding your acne well leads to effective treatment; Jupiter, FL specialist discusses symptoms of acne
- Jupiter, FL dermatologist explains acne and the various treatments
- Causes, prevention, and treatment of pregnancy acne in Jupiter, FL
- What options are available for treatment of acne in Jupiter, Florida?
- Jupiter, FL dermatologist discusses the symptoms of acne and what are some medications that can help
- Jupiter, FL dermatologist helps patients understand the effectiveness of acne treatment
- Jupiter, FL area residents can visit a respected dermatology practice for blackhead removal
- Jupiter, FL, parents ask, 'Should my teen see a dermatologist for acne treatment?'
- Dermatologist in Jupiter, FL, explains treatment for acne
- Your dermatologist in Jupiter helps you discover the best skin care to avoid acne scarrings
- Are you looking for an effective acne cure? Treatment with your Jupiter dermatologist may be in order
- Obtaining acne treatment in Jupiter decreases emotional distress