Treating spider veins and helping our Jupiter patients enjoy long lasting results is what we love to do
Around the world, about 20 percent of men and 30 percent of women are affected by spider veins, clusters of tiny veins typically found on the legs, but sometimes on the face. Spider veins may develop for a number of reasons, such as:
- As progesterone levels rise during pregnancy, the vein walls in become more relaxed, leading to the possibility of stretching. Stretched veins can hold more blood, thereby becoming more visible.
- Occupations in which a person stands or sits for extended periods can lead to prominent spider veins or varicose veins in the lower extremities.
- Genetics is an important factor to consider, as problematic veins seem to run in families.
- Injury to soft tissue may cause spider veins.
- Medications, especially those that affect hormone production, can lead to relaxed, stretched veins.
Laser treatment for the comfortable elimination of spider veins
Laser therapy has been a part of medicine for more than three decades, and continues to transform the way we treat various conditions. Laser therapy is an excellent solution to spider veins. This treatment focuses a beam of light to the pigmentation in the blood of the affected veins. As the heat from this light heats up the blood, the vein becomes damaged, though surrounding tissues are left intact. The damaged vein is absorbed by the body in a matter of a few weeks, leaving healthy, beautiful skin.
After vein treatment, results may be maintained by developing some new habits, such as:
- Exercise regularly so that optimal circulation is sustained.
- Elevate the legs while relaxing at home in front of the television or with a book. Some people even sleep with their legs elevated if they have a tendency to develop problematic veins.
- Protect the skin from excess sun exposure by wearing long pants or using sunscreen.
- Move about frequently. If you sit for long periods, get up at least twice an hour for a short walk. If you stand for long periods, take time to sit down periodically.
Spider veins may not pose a health risk, but they can keep you from enjoying warm weather or certain styles of clothing. Dr. Vitulli offers safe, effective laser treatments for spider veins so you can regain confidence in your appearance. Contact A Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery at 561-427-2000 for your consultation.
A Center for Dermatology
Connect with Dr. Peter Vitulli on . Linkedin
Dr. Peter Vitulli is a highly sought-after and popular board-certified dermatology and board-certified Mhs surgeon in Jupiter. Having earned his medical degree at the College of Osteopathic Medicine of Nova SouthEastern University, he completed his residency and internship at the University of Tennessee and attended a dermatology residency program at Nova SouthEastern University. Dr. Vitulli possesses vast training and experience in all aspects of pediatric and adult dermatology and offers comprehensive treatment solutions with an interdisciplinary diagnosis approach and impeccable follow-up care. He is particularly passionate about the management of skincare. With over two decades of experience in providing exceptional surgical and aesthetic services and medical care, he holds Fellowships and Memberships with several prestigious professional associations including the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology and the American Society of Mohs Surgery, among others.
Back to Lasers Home Page