LASER is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. This simply means an intense beam of light of a specific wavelength.
Lasers have been used to treat skin conditions for decades. But modern advancements have made laser technology a vital part of dermatology, plastic surgery, and cosmetic procedures.
Lasers produce light within an optical chamber that contains a conductive medium. Dermatologists use several types of lasers to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. Basically, they are:
- Gas lasers (a gas such as argon, krypton, or carbon dioxide is the medium).
- Liquid lasers (these use a dye medium).
- Solid lasers (like ruby, alexandrite, or garnet).
and the staff at A Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
are trained and experienced in using each type for the patient’s particular need. Laser treatment is ideal to alleviate both cosmetic and health concerns such as:
- Vascular and pigmented lesions
- Benign vascular birthmarks (port wine stains)
- Scars, including those from trauma and acne
- Spider veins
- Age spots
- Hair removal
Laser procedures are conducted in our office. Discomfort and need for anesthetic depends on the type of treatment and laser used. But be assured that the comfort and safety of our patients is paramount.
Our lasers use short pulses of light which greatly reduces the chance of heat-related scarring. And because infrared laser light is absorbed by water between skin cells, only targeted cells are destroyed without damage to surrounding tissues. But there are other possible side effects. You may experience temporary pain, redness, bruising, or blistering. Infection and pigment changes following treatment are also possible. We’ll discuss your particular risks prior to your procedure.
We know laser dermatology, from cosmetic skin resurfacing and rejuvenation techniques to destruction of dangerous cancers. A Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
– it’s even in our name!
- Scar Removal Jupiter - Scar removal is a job for lasers in our Jupiter practice
- Treating Spider Veins Jupiter - Treating spider veins and helping our Jupiter patients enjoy long lasting results is what we love to do
- Laser Treatment in Jupiter - Rejuvenating your look with laser treatment in Jupiter